Shahwilayat Public School was established in the year 1990 by the Shahwilayat Educational Trust with the purpose of providing quality education to children of lower and middle class income families. Initially, teaching to classes from elementary to class V started and in the subsequent years classes up to Matric were added. In 1996 first batch of 24 students appeared in Karachi Secondary School Certificate Examinations and all passed with good marks. In the year 2000, O’ Level was introduced and first batch of 14 O’ Level students passed out in the year 2005. In the same year School switched to Agha Khan University Examination Board (AKUEB) from Karachi Board.
The School starts from elementary level and culminates at Matriculation and O’ levels, divided into FIVE sections as given below:
|Montessori Section:||Elementary to Prep-II||12|
|Primary||Class I to Class III||15|
|Middle||Class IV to Class VI||12|
|Senior (Matric)||Class VII to Class X||10|
|Senior (O’ Level)||Class Vii to Class 10||8|
The School now catering the educational need of more than 1800 students. Matric examinations are conducted by Agha Khan University Examination Board (AKUEB).
Medium of Instruction:
English is the medium of instruction at all levels. However, attaining proficiency in the national language is the object of teaching Urdu at all levels.
- Shahwilayat Public School functions in custom made premises owned and maintained by the Trust with:
- 60 Class Rooms.
- Three air conditioned computer labs.
- Two well stocked libraries
- Three well equipped labs for Biology, Chemistry & Physics.
- An air conditioned auditorium with capacity of 200 seats.
- Gymnasium and a vast open play area for Basket Ball & Throw Ball.